Thursday, March 17, 2016

Early Spring, Clockworks and Nightmare Batman Demands That You Draw...

I have already seen a robin so I know it is official, Spring is early. Which mean allergies, I have already got kicked in the head with a bout that put me in bed for a day, and lawn work.  I have already prepped Ulysses, my riding lawn mower, changed the oil and charged the battery.

I am already thinking a small pepper garden this year which means I have become pretty domesticated.

I am still wrestling with the piece below. I am also learning a lot of lessons. Firstly, planning out the entire drawing is really a better way to go, instead I ending up changing the design elements as I went. It has become a jigsaw puzzle as a result, but I am still determined to finish it.

Second, this is the last time I use a large amount of black for negative space.

Nightmare Batman demands you draw...

From this piece you can gather that I have an obsession with spring and gear driven time pieces. You would be correct in that assumption. I ordered this kit from Ukraine Gears on Amazon. I stained the frame before assembling. Though it looks nice, it really is only a 15 minute timer, not a clock. It is a nice conversation piece, but barely functional.  It was a fun kit and I don't regret the cash spent on it.



As of late, as Spring ambles in with all her colorful nuances...Poe seems to be spending more time with Hobbes.  I think they conspire...


No comments:

Post a Comment