Friday, December 18, 2015

It's Friday, Pirate Girls and Breakfast Tea...

Friday and it is a crisp 23 degrees outside. Tomorrow's my birthday and I will turn 59 years of age. It surprises me I made it this far.  I would like to think that I still have some road left, but in case I don't I try to make the days count in some way.

I will not lie, the past two years have been rough but they have also yielded high rewards. I feel fortunate and grateful.

I have returned to a piece I started some time ago. It is entitled "Dante in Hell"...inspired partly by the "Inferno" and also my journey through my cancer ordeal. It is a catharsis I suppose.

Below is an excerpt from "Dante in Hell"...



I have recently been looking and studying works by contemporary pen and ink artists such as DZO and others. It has taken me back to school in many ways.

I also discovered Jeremy Bastian's "Cursed Pirate Girl".  I really like his sense of whimsy and old school approach as shown below his drawings are a throwback to the days of early illustrators and I feel like I am seeing illustrations from the Looking Glass era of the Victorian Age.

Art by Jeremy Bastian

 Time for breakfast tea...then work.


No comments:

Post a Comment